- Our CROSSBRAIN project gets a lot of attention in the news:
University of Glasgow: UofG RESEARCHERS TO POWER WIRELESS ‘MICROBOT’ IN THE BRAIN
The Engineer: Crossbrain project to tackle seizures using nanobots
FutureScot: Glasgow researchers to create brain bot to combat epileptic seizures
Health tech Newspaper: CROSSBRAIN project aiming to develop robots capable of predicting epileptic seizures
Innovation Origins: Injectable microbots to predict and mitigate epileptic seizures
UK Daily: Glasgow researchers are developing a brain bot to combat epileptic seizures
- Congratulations to our newest Dr Asfand Tanwear on successfully passing his viva today with minor correction 🥳 Many thanks to examiners Prof Pantelis Georgiou, Dr Andrew Feeney and Dr JeffKettle.
- One paper from meLAB have been accepted for presentation at the IEEE ISCAS 2023 conference in South Korea. Well done Stavroula and Meraj!
- Analog Device Ireland visited our lab and discussed the ASIC design advancements to our School.
- We had a great night at Santa Lucia for the meLAB Christmas dinner! It was so nice to have friends and family there too!
- Congratulations to Siming for awarding the EPSRC IAA titled “Magnetic-based Wearable Device for Continuous Heart Monitoring” in collaboration with Neuranics to deliver wearable devices and industrial innovations with humans health monitoring at the core.
- Good news for acceptance of Huxi’s review paper in Frontiers of Neuroscience! Well done Huxi and the team (Siming, Negin and Maria)!
- Our group members presented multiple lectures, posters and demos at the IEEE ICECS 2022 in Glasgow! Great fun to attend the conference in person.
- Huge congratulations to our own Maria and Antonia for their awards on Best Poster Award and Best WiCAS Presentation Award. Well done both and keep it up!
- Fantastic news! Congratulations to our own Siming for awarding the EPSRC IAA project on magnetic sensors for continous hearbeat measurements. Well done to his team including Negin and Huxi on this great achievement.
- We are thrilled that our BRAINSTORM project got funded through EU HORIZON-EIC-2022-PATHFINDEROPEN scheme! Fantastic oppurtunity to boosts our research on brain implantable devices with our European partners.
- Multiple papers from our group has been accepted for presentation at IEEE ICECS 2022 Conference. Congratulations to everyone and exciting time for our group at ICECS!
- Welcome new members Yuanxi (Kevin) as PhD student to our group who will work on the magnetic based diagnostic devices for malaria detection. See our team for more information: https://www.melabresearch.com/team
- Good funding news! Our USyd-UofG Partnership Collaboration Awards for project " Quantum-enabled ultrasensitive and miniaturized magnetic sensors for room-temperature biomedical sensing " was successful. Soon to visit Sydney...
- Welcome two new members Stavroula and Pary (Roghaieh) as PDRAs to our group! See our team for more information: https://www.melabresearch.com/team
Tanwear, A., Liang, X., Paz, E., Böhnert, T., Ghannam, R. , Ferreira, R. and Heidari, H. (2022) Spintronic eyeblink gesture sensor with wearable interface system.IEEE Transactions Biomedical Circuits Systems
- Our collaborative learning and teaching article with UESTC (China) and University of Pavia (Italy) has been accepted for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Education.(IF: 2.7).
Fan, H., Xie, H., Feng, Q., Bonizzoni, E., Heidari, H. , McEwan, M. P. and Ghannam, R. (2022) Interdisciplinary project-based learning: experiences and reflections from teaching electronic engineering in China. IEEE Transactions on Education.
- Our collaborative article with Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) has been accepted for publication in the Frontiers in Neuroscience.(IF: 5.15).
Aslam, A. R., Hafeez, N., Heidari, H. and Bin Altaf, M. A. (2022) Channels and features identification: a review and a machine-learning based model with large scale feature extraction for emotions and ASD classification. Frontiers in Neuroscience.
- Preface to ‘Advanced neurotechnologies: translating innovation for health and well-being’
- Neural microprobe modelling and microfabrication for improved implantation and mechanical failure mitigation
- Cleanroom strategies for micro- and nano-fabricating flexible implantable neural electronics
and our beautiful cover image on this journal by our own Eve McGlynn:
- We are delighted to receive Chancellor Fund to organise a co-creation event on Implantable Devices! Well done Finlay (PI), Rupam, Maria and Eve.
- Our new article on scalable cryoelectronics has been accepted for publication to the Advanced Intelligent Systems. Congratulations to Meraj and the team.
Ahmad, M., Giagkoulovits, C., Danilin, S., Weides, M. and Heidari, H. (2022) Scalable cryoelectronics for superconducting qubit control and readout. Advanced Intelligent Systems.
- We are very happy to report that our group leader has been promoted to Full Professor of Nanoelectronics, effective from 1 May 2022.
- We are thrilled that our EU HORIZON-EIC-PATHFINDERCHALLENGES CROSSBRAIN project gets funded! This project boosts our research on brain implantable devices through a large European consortium.
- Two EPSRC IAA projects funded in a row! Congratulations Rupam and Finlay for great efforts! Rupam leads a project in collaboraton with QVBio Ltd on "MRI-compatible implantable nural interface", and Finlay conducts a project on "Prototyping a flexible implantable optogenetic device".
- We are delightd to receive funding from EU HORIZON-MSCA-2021-PF and welcome new MSCA Fellow to our group who will work on MAGNABLE project developing on-chip signal processing for magnetomyography in collaboration with our spin-out Neuranics!
Our latest article in collaboration with Tsinghua University titled Rotating neurons for all-analog implementation of cyclic reservoir computing published in Nature Communications (IF: 14.9). Well done Xiangpeng and the team!
First reesearch visit after COVID-19! Dr Heidari visited INL, Portugal 🇵🇹 to discuss future collaboration on spintronics sensors.
- Great NEWS! Our EPSRC proposal got funded! Read the news here: https://www.gla.ac.uk/news/headline_842073_en.html
and more news:
McGlynn, E., Walton, F. , Das, R. and Heidari, H. (2022) Neural microprobe modelling and microfabrication for improved implantation and mechanical failure mitigation. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences
Walton, F., Cerezo Sanchez, M., McGlynn, E., Das, R. and Heidari, H. (2022) Cleanroom strategies for micro and nano-fabricating flexible implantable neural electronics. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences
Mohamed, A., Wagner, M., Heidari, H. and Anders, J. (2022) A frontend for magnetoresistive sensors with a 2.2 pA/√Hz low-noise current source. IEEE Solid-State Circuits Letters, (doi: 10.1109/LSSC.2022.3148362)
- Our collaborative article with UESTC China titled "Modelling and Fabrication of Wide Temperature Range Al0.24Ga0.76As/GaAs Hall Magnetic Sensors" has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Semiconductors.