- Dr Hadi presents an invited speech on our research activities in the meLAB at the 2nd IEEE UK and Ireland Circuits and Systems Workshop (UKCAS 2019) in London.
- Rupam, Vahid and Eve presented our activities in our HERMES project annual meeting at the IIT, Italy.
- Rupam presents two paper presentations and one poster at IEEE ICECS Conference, Genoa, 2019.
- Rupam presents our HERMES project at the Scottish Research Partnership In Engineering (SRPe) Annual Conference Glasgow! We are thankful SRPe for their generous support during past couple of years.
- Our paper in Advanced Intelligent Systems has been featured as Cover Page: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/aisy.201970072
- New journal articles accepted! Two collaborative works titled: "Improvement in electrical characteristics of Silicon on Insulator (SOI) transistor using Graphene material" and "Impact of high-k gate dielectric with different angles of coverage on the electrical characteristics of gate-all-around field effect transistor: a simulation study" have been accepted to the Results in Physics Journal.
- Amy's work titled "Magnetic Resonance-based Wireless Power Transfer for Implantable Biomedical Microelectronics Devices" has been accepted to be presented at the IEEE ISSPIT Conference 2019 in Ajman, UAE.
- Dr Hadi wins the IEEE Sensors Council Award. Congratulations to the team!
- Eve presented two posters related to our HERMES project at SMR Bioelectronic Medicines Workshop in London and CommNet PGCon event in Edinburgh.
- Dr Erika Covi from Politecnico di Milano, Italy, vissted our lab and presents a talk on future neuromorphic computing using memristor devices.
- Our article in Advanced Intelligent Systems has been featured as news in Advanced Science News:
- Dr Heidari presented a lecture on "Implantable Devices" at the University of Bath.
- Warm welcome to Jingjie who joins the meLAB as CSC visitor from Jilin University, China, for the next year.
- Delighted to attand European Researchers Night (EXPLORATHON 2019) and demonstrate our research to public in the Glasgow Riverside Museum.
- Our research on biocompatibility, biointegration and flexibility of implantable devices within HERMES project highlighted by Laboratory News: https://www.labnews.co.uk/article/2029998/matter-over-mind
- Three papers from our group have been accepted to the IEEE ICECS 2019. Well done Gabriel, Rupam and Xiangpeng! Looking forward to present the papers in Genova, Italy.
- Our collaborative Glasgow Knowledge Exchange grant on "Wireless Power transfer for Cardiovascular implantable medical device" with Dr John Mercer from Institute of Cardiovascular & Medical Sciences got funded.
- Our Asfand on behalf of Dr Heidari deliveres a tutorial on "Spintronic Sensors for Medical and Industrial Applications" at the 5th International Forum on Research and Technologies for Society and Industry (RTSI 2019) in Florence, Italy.
- Dr Heidari was invited to speak about "Implantable Microelectronic Devices" at the IEEE West European Student and Young Professional Congress (WESYP) 2019 in the Glasgow Calodonian University!
- New journal article accepted! Our collaborative work with Dr Fioranelli group has been accepted to the Advanced Intelligent Systems. Well done Xiangpeng and the team!
- Congratulations to Amy, Linta, Gabriel and Kaya on successfully completion of their MSc projects! Well done guys!
- New journal article on “Photovoltaic Power Harvesting Technologies in Biomedical Implantable Devices” has been accepted to the IEEE Journal on Electromagnetics, RF, and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology. Well done Jinwei!
- Two papers from meLAB on our Magnetic Sensors research have been accepted to the 2019 IEEE SENSORS Conference:
Paper 1) Spin-Hall Nano-Oscillator Simulations
Paper 2) Magnetic Crosstalk suppression in Fluxgate Sensors.
Looking forward to meeting you all at IEEE SENSORS in Montreal, Canada.
Well done Jon, Asfand and Jingjie!
- Our collaborative work with Jilin University, China, on "Fluxgate Magnetic Sensors" has been accepted for publication to IEEE Sensors Journal.
- A very warm welcome to Eve McGlynn who joined the meLAB as PhD student to be involve in our EU H2020 FETPROACTIVE HERMES project.
- In this month, our meLAB group is pleased to have been visited by Prof Khalil Najafi (University of Mishigan, USA), Prof Martina Gerken (Kiel University, Germany) and Dr Kia Nazarpour (Newcastle University).
- Congratulations to Jinwei for the Silver Leaf Award from 15th IEEE PRIME 2019 Conference for his paper titled: Modelling of Implantable Photovoltaic Cell based on Human Skin Types.
- Siming presented our papers in the IEEE PRIME 2019 Conference at the EPFL, Switzerland.
- Four papers from meLAB have been accepted to the 4th UK-China Emerging Technologies Conference (UCET2019). Well done guys, keep up this momentum.
- Hadi has been awarded the 2019 IEEE Sensors Council Young Professional Award. Congratulations!
- Dr Heidari becomes a Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
- Our paper titled: "An external capacitor-less low-dropout voltage regulator using a transconductance amplifier" has been accepted for publication to the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs.
- A very warm welcome to Dr Vahid Nabaei who has joined the meLAB team as a Research Assistant and is involved in our EU H2020 FETPROACTIVE HERMES project.
- Our collaborator from the Jilin University, China, has been awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) to spend one year with meLAB. Congratulations Jingjie!
- Our collaborative work with Dr Francesco Fioranelli group on “Sensor Fusion for Micro-Gestures Recognition” has been accepted to the IEEE Journal on Electromagnetics, RF, and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology. Well done Haobo!
- Two of our research papers have been accepted to IEEE PRIME 2019 Conference: 1) magnetic biosensors 2) implantable PV cells. Well done Siming and Jinwei!
- IEEE Xplore Innovation Spotlight featured our undergraduate research on the wireless power delivery at the Glasgow College UESTC https://innovate.ieee.org/innovation-spotlight/wireless-power-charge-uav-drone/
- Our paper on wireless power transfer for implantable devices has been featured as cover image in the Journal of Low-Power Electronics
- Congratulations to our Siming on awarding the IEEE Circuits and Systems Travel Grant to the ISCAS 2019, Sapporo, Japan.
- Dr Hadi has been elected as a Member-at-Large of the IEEE Sensors Council for the 2020-2021 term.
- A very warm welcome to Dr Rupam! who has joined the meLAB team as a Research Associate and is involved in our EU H2020 FETPROACTIVE HERMES project.
- We are very happy to share a new publication in Nature Scientific Reports Journal, titled "Natural source-Based Graphene as sensitising Agents for Air Quality Monitoring"!
- This month we give a very warm welcome to three additional MSc students, Kaya, Glauber and Linta! We are very excited to work with you!
- Our new collaborative work on Developing Smart Tourism Destinations with the IoT https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-13-6339-9_2
- Dr Hamideh Khanbareh from the University of Bath visited our lab and delivered a seminar on novel ferroelectric materials for sensing and energy harvesting.
- Our paper titled: "Investigating the electrical characteristics of a single electron transistor utilizing graphene nanoribbon as the island" has been accepted for publication to the Journal of Material Science: Materials in Electronics.
- Our Research Topic in the Journal of Frontiers in Neuroscience titles “Emerging Technologies and Systems for Biologically Plausible Implementations of Neural Functions” welcome submissions in the field of neuromorphic sensing and computing.
- Dr Hadi presented a lecture on "Thin-Film Spintronics - Sensing and Computing" at the University of the West of Scotland.
- Welcome to Yuchi, our new PhD student. We are glad you are here!
- Our paper titled: "Design, Test, and Optimization of Inductive Coupled Coils for Implantable Biomedical Devices" has been accepted for publication in Journal of Low Power Electronics, American Scientific Publish. Well done Jinwei!
- Our paper from meLAB has been accepted for presentation in the International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) 2019 in Sapporo, Japan.
- Our Special Issue on “Applications of Electromagnetics in Biological or Medical Sensors” invites extended papers from IEEE SENSORS 2018 to be submitted in the IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology.